Common House Fires
Some of the most common house fires and the proper ways to extinguish them are as followed:
(Please remember always call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency)
- Grease Fire- Extinguishable with a lid/covering, baking soda or a chemical extinguisher.
- Electrical Fire- Extinguishable with baking soda or a dry extinguisher.
- Flammable Liquids- Extinguishable with a foam or powder extinguisher
- Candles- Smother the flame. Stopping oxygen from getting to the flame can help slow the spread, a chemical extinguisher can also be used.
- Space Heaters- Like an electrical fire smother with baking soda or use a dry extinguisher.
Whatever the type of fire there is or the amount of damage caused to your property SERVPRO is here 24/7 to help you get back to pre-damage conditions.