What To Do
There are many different ways a water damage can happen in your home. Some you may not even think of. Each type of water damage handled accordingly. Hurricanes, flooding, sewage backup, busted pipes or broken appliances.
What To Do:
- Remove excess water immediately
- Remove furniture
- Get air flow into the space
- Hang rugs
- Dry wipe down furniture
What NOT To Do:
- Do not use your vacuum to remove water
- Do not wait to call your local SERVPRO
- Do not use electrical appliances in wet area
- Do not attempt to clean sewage yourself
While you may want to tackle this on your own your first step should be to always call your local SERVPRO. Water Restoration is best done the first time. We're available 24/7 no matter the size or the cause of damage.