How to Prepare for an Upstate Storm
Here in the Upstate we can count on having unpredictable weather, from a warm sunny day in December to tornadoes in February. But when disaster strikes SERVPRO is here for you! We are only a phone call away to help you pick up the pieces, however, you might want to know how to prepare for the worst while you hope for the best. We can help with that, too!
- Make sure your gutters are cleaned out. Gutters full of leaves and debris can contribute to water leaking into your home or business.
- Inspect your roof; checking for loose or missing shingles can also prevent moisture from getting into your property.
- Check the trees near your home or business to ensure none are too weak to stand up to storm winds and therefore will not fall onto and structures.
- Be prepared in case of loss of power
- Get a generator to maintain power to your major appliances or for your furnace
- Place a thermometer in your refrigerator and freezer, perishable foods need to maintain a temperature below 40 degree.
We hope this guide will serve you well, but SERVPRO will have a team standing by 24/7 for any cleaning or restoration needs! Call us at 864-579-2430!