Fire Damage: We are Here to Help!
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Spartanburg County can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We can provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings, and memories are restored to preloss conditions when possible.
So, after your first wave of heroes have rescued the property, let SERVPRO of Spartanburg County help you restore it. With the industry-approved training to employ rapid response, the utmost professionalism, cutting-edge technology and open communication, we strive to restore not only the home, but the customer's peace of mind, as well.
So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration professionals at (864)-576-2430!
What To Expect: Emergency Service
Sometimes when a water damage happens it can be in the middle of the night. Which can be confusing and very alarming. But SERVPRO is here for you no matter the time.
When you call into our office whatever the time may be, you should be prepared to answer some questions.
- Your address where the damage has occurred
- Your name and contact info (also email if possible)
- Your insurance information (if you plan to file a claim)
- When did the damage happen?
- Do you know what caused the damage?
- Is there power at the location?
With SERVPRO's fast response time we need as much information as possible. So if you have a water damage at 2AM give your local SERVPRO a call and let us help you get back to "Like it never even happened."
CALL US TODAY!
What To Expect
What are some things to expect from SERVPRO when you call us with a water damage?
- Our Technicians will arrive within 4 hours of your call.
- We are available 24/7, 365 days
- Consistent communication from our technicians throughout the process.
- We will monitor the drying process to watch for possible mold growth.
- We follow the highest industry standards.
- We will explain our process in detail before any cleanup or restoration is done.
Whether it is your home or business we are here to help you. Experiencing a water damage can be a confusing time. Our experienced Technicians are here to help make the process seem more streamlined for you.
Whatever the damage. Broken pipes, sewage, rain water, leaking appliances we're here for all of your restoration needs.
CALL US TODAY!
What to Expect With A Fire
When a fire in your home or business happens a lot of times all you see are the surface problems. Damages can go beyond the surface. Some things you may not think to check are the HVAC, Roof, Plumbing, Insulation, even the full structure of the building.
The above are underlying issues which is why you need to call an experienced Restoration Company like SERVPRO. With many years experience at our own location we're equipped to help with it all.
During the Restoration process al things within and around the structure should be removed from the area and cleaned if possible. If properly cleaned, sanitized and dried it stops the possibility of bacteria growth.
Always call SERVPRO and let the professionals take care of your building and property.
CALL US TODAY!
With winter weather on our heels let's talk about the different kinds of Winter Weather Advisories.
-Watches- Conditions in the atmosphere are favorable for a winter storm. Temperatures are likely to be below freezing - bring in your animals.
-Advisories- One of the following are being predicted: Freezing rain, less than.5" of sleet, snow 3-5"
-Warnings- Conditions are favorable for .25" of accumulation or more, Sleet accumulation of .5" or more, 6" of snow within a 12 hour period.
When Winter Weather strikes you need to know what's headed your way so you can properly prepare. Stock the pantry, stay indoors, ride out the storm the best way you can.
Whatever your need may be after the storm passes: melting snow or ice, fallen trees causing damage to your home SERVPRO is here for you.
CALL US TODAY!!
After The Storm: Be Prepared
We're all prepared and ready for when a storm comes. But what about after the storm? Do you have a checklist of what to look for? Storms and the after effects they leave behind can be stressful. Don't get overwhelmed.
Once you know it's safe to enter your home begin taking pictures of the after damage, before you move anything.
Before you enter the home step back and try to see as much of the roof as possible. Are there missing shingles? Are there any visible holes? Before you enter the home make sure all doorways are clear and secure.
Once inside your home check to make sure that there are no cracks or visible leaks.
Once you have done your own initial walk through call us. The faster the call comes in the faster we can remove any water and begin the restoration process.
Never try to do the clean up alone. Water damage can look dry but damage can be below the surface.
CALL US TODAY!
What To Do
There are many different ways a water damage can happen in your home. Some you may not even think of. Each type of water damage handled accordingly. Hurricanes, flooding, sewage backup, busted pipes or broken appliances.
What To Do:
- Remove excess water immediately
- Remove furniture
- Get air flow into the space
- Hang rugs
- Dry wipe down furniture
What NOT To Do:
- Do not use your vacuum to remove water
- Do not wait to call your local SERVPRO
- Do not use electrical appliances in wet area
- Do not attempt to clean sewage yourself
While you may want to tackle this on your own your first step should be to always call your local SERVPRO. Water Restoration is best done the first time. We're available 24/7 no matter the size or the cause of damage.
CALL US TODAY!
Common House Fires
Some of the most common house fires and the proper ways to extinguish them are as followed:
(Please remember always call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency)
- Grease Fire- Extinguishable with a lid/covering, baking soda or a chemical extinguisher.
- Electrical Fire- Extinguishable with baking soda or a dry extinguisher.
- Flammable Liquids- Extinguishable with a foam or powder extinguisher
- Candles- Smother the flame. Stopping oxygen from getting to the flame can help slow the spread, a chemical extinguisher can also be used.
- Space Heaters- Like an electrical fire smother with baking soda or use a dry extinguisher.
Whatever the type of fire there is or the amount of damage caused to your property SERVPRO is here 24/7 to help you get back to pre-damage conditions.
CALL US TODAY!!
Preparing for Winter Damage
As winter approaches there are some things you should do to prepare your home and family.
Things to consider
- purchasing a small battery operated sump pump
- clean your chimneys
- small generator
- have extra blankets
- have your roof checked for missing shingles or existing damage
- make sure your doors and windows are properly sealed. You want to avoid melting snow or ice from getting inside your home.
In case of Emergency
If there is substantial snow damage to your property call SERVPRO 24/7. We will be there. Please be safe and be prepared as winter months are quickly approaching. Always be as prepared as possible. Heavy snow, strong winds, heavy layers of ice. Every winter is different. Whatever emergency happens we are here with the tools and professionals to handle it.
Grease fires are one of the most common causes of kitchen fires that can quickly spread throughout your home.
Properly Handle The Situation
- Protect yourself
- Turn off the heat source
- Use something metal to smother the flames
- Have Baking Soda available
If you can not get the fire under control call 9-1-1.
- Never use water
- Never use cloth or glass to try to smother the fire
Having any type of fire happen in your home can leave you not knowing where to start to pick up the pieces. We here at SERVPRO understand how stressful this can be. Call us. Let the professionals help, We’ll be with you every step of the way, from cleaning your contents to removing any residue in the home.
CALL US TODAY